Help for Heroes "Join our Ride" Event


Lizzie at the top of Windy Hill

Lizzie and I rode a great bike route last Sunday and helped raise some much needed funds for Help for Heroes into the bargain. Just a shame that not more people attended but I think a lot of folk simply didn't know about it. I'm mentioning it now so that maybe it'll be in you head for next year...

The route was seriously hilly and took in some major climbs such as Holme Moss and Windy Hill. I rode with Lizzie and Rick from our supplier company Beyond Hope although Rick got separated half way round and we never saw him again!

I performed as a domestique after that, shepherding Lizzie round and protecting her from the headwind. I even led out the last couple of hundred yards Mark Renshaw style and pulled over to let her beat me by a second!

Anyway, the event website is http://www.joinourride.com/ – stick it in your diary for next year...
Follow Si's blog using RSS feeds