End of an era?

Mountainfeet - an Oldham landmark
Well, there's no keeping it to ourselves for much longer – Mountainfeet, or Paul Braithwaites as loads of you still know it, is leaving Oldham at the end of January... 

Whether you've known it or not, life has been very difficult for us – I've certainly never been in this game for the money but the recession has kicked the stuffing out of us and the last straw has been the perception that Oldham has 'closed' while the Metrolink ground work is completed.
 
I have a plan for relocation – and it's as cunning as a fox! So it's not the end, just the start of a new beginning... But I for one will miss the old place terribly – so many tremendous memories of fun times with customers, friends, customers who became friends, family and of course my wonderful sidekick Cap the Collie...

I'm sad that maybe Oldham hasn't realised the value of a business that's been run with passion and expertise and has adapted to cope with recession, riots, foot and mouth disease, internet warehouses and changing shopping habits. But we've banged our drum to council at all levels and my last word to them is to please give some form of transitional assistance to other retailers who are struggling to cope with the disruption as we did.

In a few weeks, I'll have finalised the details of our move but until then you'll have to wait and see!!!
To all of you reading this who have supported us through thick and thin over the years I simply can't thank you enough – we wouldn't be around without you awesome folk. Stay on board if you can – we'd miss you loads if you didn't visit the new place or at least keep in touch with us...

To my superb colleagues at Mountainfeet; Marcus, Phil, Jane and Lucy – sharing days with you has been an absolute blast, how could a guy have better workmates?

And finally, I think everyone who has benefited from the shop should give a thought to the unsung heroine of Mountainfeet – my ace wife Lizzie without who we couldn't operate...

Make sure you tune in soon for the next installment of Mountainfeet's relocation plans...

Take care out there won't you...
Follow Si's blog using RSS feeds